Bamboo Mat Boards
Bamboo Mat Boards
Innova Roofings & Joinery is proud to offer first of its kind in the world – Original Bamboo Mat Boards (BMB) roofing and cladding applications manufactured under technical know-how from Indian Plywood Industries Research & Training Institute (IPIRTI), Bangalore and Building Materials & Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC), New Delhi. The Bamboo mat board is manufactured and certified under ISI: 13958:1994 under CM/L – 5280865. The products are approved, specified and widely used by Indian Government organisations such as Central Public Works Department (CPWD), Military Engineering Services (MES), Indian Railways, Metro Rail, Airport Authority Of India (AAI) & Tourism Development Board, Forest Departments, Architects, Interior & Exterior designers, Engineering contractors, Builders & Property owners across the country.
Bamboo mat boards are eco-friendly interior and exterior cladding product and an excellent alternative to cement, metal, plastic, aluminium, bitumen, mineral fibre board, gypsum boards, timber and other wood-based building products. They are produced from a natural and sustainable resource and can be used to cover homes, offices, institutions, showrooms, resorts, storage facilities, animal shelters etc., and offers unmatched quality, and durability. The Bamboo Mat Board (BMB) was developed originally by the Indian Government Scientists at IPIRTI at Bangalore and the commercial production has been established under the brand name of TIMPACK GREEN GOLD based at Meghalaya.
The Bamboo mat boards are strong and high resilient roofing product. The boards have been periodically tested at laboratory and on-site conditions over the period of years and found to be waterproof and resistant to decay, termites and insects and fire. The bamboo mat boards can also be polished, painted and coated as per customer’s choice liking. Since the bamboo mat boards are manufactured from woven bamboo mats, it offers much needed employment opportunity at village level and is a boon to fast track roofing / housing projects in disaster prone areas and in pre-fabricated housing segment. The wide range of possibilities using bamboo in the construction sector is gaining importance at the global level as the, ‘Material of the future’. No wonder the bamboo is termed as Green Gold, Poor man’s timber, Green gasoline, Cradle to coffin timber and so on.
Why Should One Support Bamboo Mat Boards?
We earnestly seek Architects, Consultants, Engineers, Contractors and Property owners to include bamboo mat boards sheet in your projects. You will not only benefit in terms of a superior quality roofing and cladding product, but your support will help in addressing three-major concerns of national importance.
- Ecological Security: Your support helps in conserving timber through substitution, increasing carbon sequestration through planting and providing an alternate to non-biodegradable materials like metals and plastics. The social forestry activities not only ensure clean environment but also generates employment opportunities to village and tribal people.
- Sustainable Food Security: Your support will provide opportunity for the promotion of bamboo based agro-forestry systems and the use of bamboo in soil-water conservation and watershed development. This prevents soil erosion and availability of land for farming.
- Livelihood Security: Your support will create equal opportunity for the villagers and tribal people at par with factory going urban workers through generation of eco-jobs at the village level and more particularly for women in mat weaving. Your continued support will also play a major role in developing a wide range of other market driven products.
Merits Of Bamboo Mat Corrugated Roofing Sheets
- Bond quality: Bamboo mat boards sheets are phenol bonded and have shown excellent resistance against de-lamination during cyclic boil-dry tests and immersion in boiling water for 12-hours and drying with 12% moisture content. Hence the product is safe to use in varying climate range of tropical, coastal, high rain-fall zones and snow cladded mountains.
- Resistance to decay & insects: Bamboo mat boards when subjected to graveyard test by burying in active termite mounds and exposing to borer infection remained unaffected.
- Mold and fungus: Bamboo mat boards have excellent resistance to high humidity and do not offer the required conditions for growth of mold and fungus.
- Water permeability: Bamboo mat boards are highly waterproof. Users may provide appropriate tooling and sealant in joints to increase the water-tightness.
- Bending Strength: The bamboo mat boards have higher bending strength (Modulus of rupture abbreviated as MOR and specified as N/mm2 or Mpa). This means the bamboo mat boards can endure larger and long-time loads. The average MOR of 4-mm thick bamboo mat board is 74 Mpa and for 6-mm thick bamboo mat board is 79 Mpa. Whereas the MOR of high-cost Teakwood based plywood is just 63.36 Mpa. Similarly, The MOR for soya based adhesive ply is 45.93 Mpa, the MOR of urea formaldehyde ply is 38.12 Mpa, the MOR of sugarcane bagasse ply is 18.77 Mpa and the MOR of particulate ply is as low as 6.67 Mpa. The above results exhibit higher strength of bamboo mat boards against plywood boards. Bamboo mat board has high resilience and twice stronger as a plywood. i.e a 3-mm thick bamboo mat board is as strong as 5 mm thick plywood. Similarly, 4 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm and 12 mm thick bamboo mat boards are as strong as their plywood counterpart of 6 mm, 12 mm,18 mm and 25 mm respectively.
- Impact of falling objects: Bamboo mat boards are not prone to cracking and dents during an accidental fall of a reasonable sized object. The bamboo mat board has a much higher instant striking force and high impact strength (9.93 Mpa) than a higher thickness cement particle board. The tensile strength of 4-mm thick bamboo mat board is recorded as 29 N/mm2 and as 30 N/mm2 for 6-mm thick bamboo mat board.
- Thermal conductivity: Bamboo mat boards have the highest thermal resistance and the lowest thermal coefficient as compared to coated steel, PVC and cement-based products. The thermal conductivity of 4-mm thick bamboo mat boards is measured as 0.182 k.cal/m0C and 0.194 k.cal/ m0C for a 6-mm thick bamboo mat board.
- High-speed wind resistance: Bamboo mat boards offer excellent resistance to high-speed winds. Cyclonic storms leave no impact on bamboo mat boards.
- Noise pollution: Bamboo mat boards have excellent noise controlling properties. The noise controlling properties increase as the thickness of the board goes up from 4 mm to 12 mm. The sound obstruction of the bamboo mat corrugated sheet is 9 dB better than that of a PVC sheet and 4-times better than that of a steel sheet.
- Fire retardant: Bamboo mat board is fire-retardant and have better combustion-proof properties when compared to PVC and mineral fibre boards. They show a slower burning speed, smaller combustion heat and lower heat release rate compared to PVC sheets and mineral fibre boards.
Bamboo Mat Boards (BMB)
- IS Code Confirmation: IS: 13958:1994 under CM/L: 5280865
- Thickness range (mm): 3, 4, 6, 9 & 12
- Tile size: 595 mm x 595 mm
- Board sizes: 1830 mm x 920 mm, 1830 mm x 1220 mm, 2140 mm x 1220 mm and 2440 mm x 1220 mm
- Colour choices: The bamboo mat boards are supplied in polyurethane lacquer coated natural bamboo shade. one side of the bamboo mat board can be painted in white. Other colour such as silver, sky blue, dark green, Terracotta, golden brown, red, leaf brown and maroon can be painted upon MOQ.
- 3 mm: 2.70 Kg/Sq.m
- 4 mm: 3.70 Kg/Sq.m
- 6 mm: 5.40 Kg/Sq.m
- 9 mm: 8.40 Kg/Sq.m
- 12 mm: 10.00 Kg/Sq.m
Bamboo mat boards can be can be used for cladding applications such as internal and external wall panelling, ceiling tiles, false ceiling, room partitions, door panel inserts, window panels, table panels, packaging and storage units and a lot of interior applications. Bamboo mat boards can be installed over steel, aluminium and wooden frames that require light-weight, eco-friendly, non-breaking, non-corrosive, sound and heat reducing properties. Some of the typical installations include as below:
- Pre-fabricated homes
- Disaster management shelters
- Homes in earth quake & cyclone prone zones
- Homes in hills and mountains
- Beach houses & Wooden houses
- Hotels & Resorts
- Theme parks & Restaurants
- Class rooms & Libraries
- Acoustic studios
- Animal shelters
- Airport Amenities structures
- Railway, Metro and Mofussil Bus Terminus
- Hospitals & Laboratories
- Passenger amenities & Parking structures
- Sports arena & Kids play area
- Site offices and workers housing
- Religious buildings
- Chemical storage & handling facilities
- Agro products & Processing units
- Commercial Buildings
- Industrial buildings