Polycarbonate based products have greatly replaced glass, plastic, acrylic and other such products due to their unique characteristics. Polycarbonate sheets have an excellent UV protection layer that lets in almost all of the sun’s light, while keeping away the harmful UV radiations. Today, polycarbonate is used in a variety of applications and in varied industries for the manufacturing of electrical accessories, hardware gadgets, optical plates, automobile components, for framing options in agriculture sector such as construction of greenhouses and nurseries, for the manufacturing of police gear and security installations, and numerous applications in the construction field. These are just some of the popular and common polycarbonate sheet applications. There are many more applications where these sheets are used like impenetrable windows, retail store shelves, and many varieties of household applications. These include both indoor and outdoor applications, because polycarbonate sheets are more durable than any other material. For the construction sector field, the polycarbonate sheets are available in single-walled, double-walled, triple-walled and multi-cellular profiles in a variety of thickness, colours and surface finishes. Innova Roofings & Joinery offers all of the above products sourced from world’s leading manufacturers who are credited for their excellent R&D and cutting-edge technologies.
Advantages Of Polycarbonate Sheets
The versatility of polycarbonate sheets can be gauged from why it is such a popular material from roofing to cladding and skylights to interior design. The benefits of polycarbonate go far beyond its aesthetic appeal. Public may choose polycarbonate sheets for it for its looks, but architects, engineering consultants, project managers, engineering companies, interior designers, roofing and cladding contractors choose it for a number of other benefits that you’ll want to consider before selecting polycarbonate-based product for your upcoming project. Here’s an overview.
- Durability: Polycarbonate is 250 times stronger than glass, over 8 times stronger than FRP and acrylic and is virtually indestructible. Because of its impact resistance, polycarbonate is a favourable choice for protection from extreme weather, flying debris, or vandalism.
- Light transmission: Polycarbonate offers light transmission properties that are comparable to glass and scores over glass on account of its lightweight and more durability. Polycarbonate sheets allow the light to enter and significantly lower heat transmission levels, to ensure optimum illumination with maximum comfort levels.
- Easy to cut and shape: Polycarbonate is commonly sold in solid or multiwall sheets that are available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses to suit various needs of roofing and glazing on horizontal, vertical and inclined surfaces. The material is easy to cut with common tools and can be shaped or bent at room temperature by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Thermal insulation: Both solid and multiwall polycarbonate sheets provide some degree of thermal insulation. Of the two, multiwall is capable of providing a higher degree of thermal insulation because of its interior structure. These structures include twin wall, triple wall, 4-walled, 6-walled and honeycomb, each type has its own insulating properties and R-values to meet the demands of different applications.
- Multiple colours: Polycarbonate sheets are available in several attractive colours, so if your project would benefit from colour, you’ll have plenty of choices.
- Lightweight and economical: Polycarbonate sheets weighs approximately 16% as much as its glass equivalent and 34% of its acrylic sheet equivalent, which means you can enjoy lower shipping costs, lower cost on supporting frame, easier moving and storage, and simplified material handling.
- Easy to install: Polycarbonate sheets can be attached directly to a frame or support structure using easy to fix hardware for quick, simple mounting and joining.
- UV protection: Polycarbonate sheet includes UV coating on one or both sides, which protects the sheet from yellowing or discolouring in direct sunlight. Using a UV protected sheets for roofing and cladding enclosures contribute to the protection of skin cancer and in cases of agriculture related uses such as greenhouses and nurseries. The polycarbonate sheets remain stable under extreme temperature conditions from -400C to + 1200 C.
- Fire performance: Polycarbonate sheets are suitable in areas prone to fire hazards. Inherently the sheets are self-extinguishing and do not aid flame speed. Polycarbonate sheets do not release toxic fumes and hence does not pose hazards to human life in case of fire.
- Wind load: Polycarbonate sheets are suitable for installation in high wind load areas. Advancement in the field of hardware and associated flashings ensure the polycarbonate sheets are unaffected during hailstorms and cyclones.
- Chemical resistance: Polycarbonate sheets are resistant to invasive chemicals and substances including several mineral and organic acids, oxidising agents.
- Waterproofing: Polycarbonate sheets do not absorb moisture and the various profiles and joining mechanism ensure that the polycarbonate installations are 100% watertight.
- Comes with a warranty: Polycarbonate sheets are available with warranties ranging from 10 to 15 years of protection depending on product type.
Technical Information Of Polycarbonate Sheets
Innova Roofings & Joinery offers polycarbonate sheets suitable roofing, facades, interior applications and security glazing for the construction and agriculture sector in the following categories:
- Solid compact
- Embossed sheets
- Corrugated profile sheets
- Multiwall sheets
- Multiwall standing seam system
Solid Compact Polycarbonate Sheets
Solid polycarbonate sheets are manufactured using UV stabilised resin that allows it to be used in multiple applications across various industries. Solid polycarbonate sheets are as transparent as glass and have a light transmission of 90%. Due to their relative lightweight and high impact strength they are easy to store, handle and install. The solid polycarbonate sheets do not break and cannot be damaged as it happens with glass, providing greater advantage in terms of safeguarding men and property against accidental damages and against unruly mobs. When safety, security and weather resistance is a top priority, many professionals turn to the dependability and applicational flexibility of solid compact polycarbonate sheets. the strength of solid compact polycarbonate sheet makes it the ideal material for bullet-resistance. Bullet-resistant solid compact polycarbonate sheets are used in a wide range of functions, from protecting commercial brick-and-mortar locations like banks and retail stores, exhibition centres to adding transparent protection to vehicles. The solid compact polycarbonate sheets offer optimal weather resistance, providing high-transparency without compromising on durability and strength.
This makes the material an ideal replacement for traditional glass panelled windows in homes, buses and railway coaches that are prone to accidental damages caused by flying debris, severe weather induced damages during hurricanes or hail storms and during public riots. Innova Roofings & Joinery offers solid compact polycarbonate sheets in the following range:
- Thickness range: 1.50, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12 mm
- Regular Colour: Clean
- Other Colours: Upon request and MOQ
- Sheet size: 1.22 M wide x 2.44 M length
- Roll size (1.50 mm, 2 mm & 3 mm): 1.22 M x 30.50 M / 33.50 M
Embossed Polycarbonate Sheets
Embossed polycarbonate sheets are similar in nature to solid compact polycarbonate sheets, but are manufactured with a texture on one side in 2-distinct patterns. The first pattern resembles a frosted glass (pinhead) and the second pattern is a diamond pattern. The embossed polycarbonate sheets are preferred for its maintenance free, scratch-resistant qualities, ability to infuse designer concepts by varying the patterns and colours and for privacy enhancement. Innova Roofings & Joinery offers embossed polycarbonate sheets in the following range:
- Embossed (Pinhead) sheets thickness range: 1.5, 1.8, 2 & 3 mm
- Roll size: 1.22 M x 30.50 M / 33.50 M
- Embossed (Diamond) thickness range: 1.80, 2 & 3 mm
- Roll size: 1.22 M x 30.50 M
- Colours: Clear. Other colours on request and MOQ
Corrugated Polycarbonate Sheets
Corrugated polycarbonate roofing sheets are used in conjunction with roofing sheets of various materials such as cement sheets, bituminous fibre cellulose sheets, PVC / uPVC sheets, coated steel sheets and aluminium sheets for harvesting natural sunlight. Corrugated polycarbonate sheets can also be used as a standalone roofing and cladding systems where UV protected light transmission is required in applications such as greenhouses, nurseries, showrooms, pergolas, covered patio, carport, storage shed etc., Innova Roofings & Joinery offers the widest choice of co-extruded and cold pressed UV resistant corrugated polycarbonate sheets for roofing, cladding and skylight applications.
- Corrugated Cement sheet profile: 3.05 M length x 1.05 M wide in 1.50 mm and 2-mm thickness
- Sinus wave profile: 6.10 M length x 1.26 M wide in 0.80 mm thickness
- uPVC Spanish tile profile: 3.30 M x 1.05 M in 1.30 mm thickness
- Onduline Classic profile: 2.00 M length x 0.95 M wide in 1-mm thickness
- Onduvilla Duro-235 profile: 2.00 M length x 1.055 M wide x 1-mm thickness
- Onduvilla tile profile: 0.40 M length x 0.496 M wide x 2.56 mm thickness
- Standard Colour: Clear and Clear embossed
- Profiles for metallic sheets; Cold pressed corrugated sheets in matching profiles and customized lengths can be supplied in thickness of 1.50 mm and 2 mm thickness.
Benefits Of Corrugated Polycarbonate Sheets
- Available in factory produced co-extruded and cold pressed customizable profiles
- Impact resistant and virtually unbreakable
- Transparent: up to 90% Light Transmission
- Weather and UV resistant
- Wide service temperature range
- Blocks 99.9% of harmful UV radiation
- Lightweight – less than half the weight of glass
- Good fire rating
- Easy to work with and install with standard tools
Typical Applications Of Corrugated Polycarbonate Sheets
- Architectural roofing
- Industrial rooflights
- Agricultural greenhouses
- Residential roofing: pergolas, canopies, patios & sun rooms, etc.
- Light roofing and awnings
Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheets
Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are versatile due to its hollow and multi-cellular structure providing flexibility in installation while uniformly maintaining the strength throughout its length and width of the sheet. They are manufactured from UV stabilised resins that ensures the product meet the highest quality standards. Due to its unique structure and design, the sheets are lightweight and are manufactured in twin and triple walled design for improving the thermal insulation. A wide range of colours in terms of clear and diffused light, these hollow and cellular sheets provide a maximum of 80% and a minimum of 25% light transmission. The multiwall polycarbonate sheets allow light to enter at a significantly lower heat transmission level, to ensure optimum illumination with maximum comfort. Innova Roofings & Joinery offers multiwall polycarbonate sheets in the following range:
- Regular Thickness range: 6 and 10 mm
- Number of walls: Twin wall & Triple wall in 10-mm thickness
- Sheet size: 11.80 M x 1.22 M / 2.10 M
- Colours range: Clear, Bronze, Green, Ocean Blue, Dark blue, Opal White
Typical Applications Of Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheets
The 6 mm and 10 mm thick multiwall polycarbonate sheets can be used for numerous roofing and cladding applications such as – Canopies, Carports, Sunshades, Pergolas, Atriums, skylights on OTS enclosures, Gazebo, Walkways, Passenger amenities, Dome structures, Nurseries, Greenhouses, Swimming pool covers, indoor partitions, shower doors etc.,
Multiwall Polycarbonate Standing Seam Architectural System
Modern day architects and structural consultants think like futuristic scientists. They move forward with innovative ideas, never afraid of experimenting and the end result is marvellous contours and breath-taking structures that increase the functionality. The strength, flexibility and longevity of polycarbonate multiwall sheets has caught the attention of architects, structural consultants and roofing designers that has led to creation of multiwall polycarbonate sheets beyond the conventional double and triple wall. The multiwall polycarbonate sheets are technically termed as standing seam architectural system. They withstand very high loads, offer high thermal insulation, suitable for curved roofing and provided an unmatched leak-proof performance supported with factory-produced flashings and trims. The polycarbonate-based standing-seam and glazing systems offer glass like appearance, 200-times the strength of glass yet half the weight.
Innova Roofings & Joinery offers Sunpal™ multiwall based polycarbonate architectural systems that combines proven design, light transmission manufactured by Israel based Palram Industries Limited. Palram is a world-leading manufacturer of extruded thermoplastic sheets and panel systems since 1963.The company has grown from its humble origins into an industry leader and multinational conglomerate with branches on six continents. By focusing on advanced technologies and outstanding talent, Palram offers professionals and users the solutions and support they need for a wide variety of applications. The Sunpal™ multiwall polycarbonate standing seam architectural system offers a lightweight, leak-proof design that withstands very high loads and accommodates expansion and contraction. The system is ideally suited for architectural glazing and a variety of roofing and cladding designs, flat, pitched or curved that require long-term protection against varying weather conditions and offer excellent thermal insulation and light transmission.
The multiwall polycarbonate standing seam architectural system is available in a range of thickness. The panels are joined together by polycarbonate and aluminium joinery and sealed with endcaps. T-Fasteners fix the entire system to the structure allowing the panels to be clamped in place without any fastener penetration through the panels. Ventilated sealing tapes seals the lower end to prevent entry of dirt from the flutes while also providing sufficient drainage. Polycarbonate or aluminium based U- profiles or aluminium based F- profiles seal the upper ends of the panels. Aluminium F- profiles are also used to finish off the side edges of the plane creating a fully framed installation. The multiwall polycarbonate standing seam architectural system is classified in to 2-distintive types based on its application.
- SUNGLAZE™ solid polycarbonate architectural system
- SUNPAL™ multiwall polycarbonate architectural system
SUNGLAZE™ Solid Polycarbonate Architectural System
SUNGLAZE™ is a solid polycarbonate roofing system that offers design, elegant performance, versatility, low maintenance and sustainable performance for a variety of architectural challenges. The system has been installed on many types of structures throughout the world, including commercial, architectural and residential buildings. SUNGLAZE™ is comprised of flat solid polycarbonate sheets with edges made to fit proprietary standing seam glazing system and is engineered to allow for wide spans to match different structures, including flat and curved designs.
Main Benefits Of SUNGLAZE™ Solid Polycarbonate Architectural System
- Clear and elegant appearance
- Standing-seam leak-proof performance
- Allows for free thermal expansion & contraction
- Free of silicone sealants and caulking
- Engineered to withstand high loads
- Easy, fast and safe installation
- Minimal maintenance
- Glass-like appearance
Typical SUNGLAZE™ System Applications
- Architectural projects
- Commercial and retail structures
- Sports venues roofing
- Covered walkways
- Open markets
- Service stations
- Pool covers
- Residential pergolas
Dimensions of SUNGLAZE™ Panels
- Panel Thickness: 3, 4 & 6 mm
- System height: 20 mm for 3 mm thickness and 21 mm for 4 mm and 6 mm thickness
- Width of panels: 584 mm (600 mm system) for 3 mm thickness, 585 mm (600 mm system) and 785 mm (800 mm system) for 4 mm and 6 mm thickness.
- Maximum length: 11.99 M
- System weight for 3/600 system: 6.14 Kg/ M²
- System weight for 4/600 system: 7.40 Kg/ M²
- System weight for 4/800 system: 6.73 Kg/ M²
- System weight for 6/800 system: 9.25 Kg/ M²
- Minimum cold bending radius: 4 M
- Colours: Subject to availability and MOQ
SUNPAL™ Multiwall Polycarbonate Architectural System
SUNPAL™ is an advanced multiwall polycarbonate system for a variety of flat or curved roofing and cladding applications. It enables architects and roofing designers to incorporate natural light, thermal insulation and structural strength into skylights, facades and roof designs. The system is engineered to be lightweight, leakproof, withstand high loads and accommodate thermal expansion and contraction for long-term benefits in commercial, architectural, industrial and residential projects.
Dimensions of SUNPAL™ Panels
- Panel Thickness: 8, 10, 18 & 20 mm
- System types (mm): 8/600, 10/600, 18/1000 & 20/1000
- System height: 23.50 mm for 8/600 system, 25.50 mm for 10/600 system, 33.50 mm for 10/600 system and 35.50 mm for 20/1000 system
- Width of panels: 600 mm for 8mm and 10-mm thickness. 1000 mm for 18 mm and 20 mm thickness.
- Maximum length: 11.99 M
- System weight for 8/600 system: 1.11 Kg/M², 1.83 Kg/ M², 1.24Kg/ M² and 2.00 Kg/ M²
- System weight for 10/600 system: 1.56 Kg/ M² and 2.60 Kg/ M²
- System weight for 18/1000 system: 3.11 Kg/ M²
- System thickness for 20/1000 system: 3.19 Kg/ M²
- Minimum cold bending radius: 2 M for 8/600 system, 2.40 M for 10/600 system and 3.00 M for 18/1000 and 20/1000 systems.
- Colours: Subject to availability and MOQ
Main Benefits Of SUNPAL™ Multiwall Polycarbonate Architectural System
- Withstands very high loads
- Accommodates thermal expansion & contraction
- Fast and easy installation
- Leak-proof system – no fastener penetration into panels
- High thermal insulation
- Ideal for curved designs
- Double-sided UV protection as standard
- Solar Smart™ tints reduce solar heat gain
Typical SUNPAL™ System Applications
- Architectural roofing & glazing
- Commercial and retail roofing
- Sports facility roofing
- Covered walkways, awnings & canopies
- Open markets – light roofing
- Service station roofing
- Parking structure covering
- Swimming pool covers
- Residential patios, carports and pergolas
- Interior design, including partitions and displays