Waterproofing & Structural Repairs
Waterproofing & Structural Repairs
Waterproofing is a fundamental construction requirement. All new construction should be integrated with suitable waterproofing methods at various stages and the type of method and cost should be included in the project estimate without fail. Similarly, all old properties should be periodically inspected and necessary repairs and enhancements should be carried out buy utilising the services of an experienced waterproofing structural rehabilitation agency. The service life of a building depends upon its stability, which could be seriously affected by ingress of water. A large number of household and commercial buildings report damages and problems associated with inadequate waterproofing. If the penetration of water through joints, crevices, cracks, potholes, slabs and walls are not stopped properly, it will lead to serious damages to the structure and valuables, pose risk for human health and may even lead to loss of lives. It is therefore wiser to invest in preventive risk measures than to pay for damages of valuables and expensive repairs.
The ingress of water in to reinforced concrete slabs, beams, columns, walls and sunshades often lead to corrosion of steel, thereby causing structural damages and reducing the expected life cycle of the properties. Generally waterproofing related issues show up as damp spots, peeling of painted surfaces, cracks and in the advanced stage one can note spalling and structural deterioration. Mold growth is also a common concern in waterproofing related issue. If the building is built of wood or has extensive use of wooden cladding, interiors and furniture, moisture from the penetration of water will lead to smelly rooms and delamination of wood. The molds are also heal hazardous. Prolonged exposure to mold release will lead to allergies, asthma, irritation and fungal infections. It is therefore highly recommended to periodically inspect the buildings and take the advice and services of an experienced service provider. Advancement of waterproofing technologies have revolutionized the way waterproofing is carried out to new and old structures. Construction chemicals are incorporated along with the cement mortar mixes and waterproofing treatment is incorporated at every crucial stage of the construction. Waterproofing can also be carried out to previously built buildings to solve the problems as they may arise. The owners and technicians of Innova Roofings & Joinery has deep knowledge on the waterproofing and structural repairs subject, having executed several hundred jobs of across India.
Typical Waterproofing Applications
Innova Roofings & Joinery has the know-how and experience team of applicators, supported with appropriate tooling and supervising engineers to undertake jobs related to waterproofing and structural repairs in any of the under-mentioned categories:
- Overhead water tanks (OHT)
- Terrace slabs & Podiums
- Sloping roof slabs
- Parapet walls & Planter boxes
- Balconies & Patios
- Plaza decks for landscaping
- Wet areas (Restrooms, Laundry & Kitchen)
- Sunshades & Portico slabs
- Façade walls
- Precast Structures
- Parking structures
- Basement slabs & Retaining walls
- Lift Pits & UG Paint Pits
- Underground water tanks / Sumps (UGT)
- Water treatment tanks
- Chillers & Cooling towers
- Sewage / ETP treatment tanks
- Swimming pools & Aquarium tanks
- Subways & Tunnels
- Bridges & Walkway roofs
- Marine structures
- Concrete dams & Dikes
- Concrete Water & Sewage Pipelines
- Hatcheries & Chemical handling Tanks
Various Methods Of Waterproofing Systems
Thirty to forty years back waterproofing in India meant application for cement-based slurries or laying of tar-felt membranes duly topped with brick-bat and lime-based weathering course. Times have changed and so the construction materials and technologies. The construction chemicals, waterproofing and structural repair solutions available today are plenty, but requires technically competent engineers and experienced service providers to introspect the appropriate method and product for optimum use. Innova Roofings & Joinery can help its customers to identify the problems, quantify the job and undertake waterproofing and structural repairs with a warranty of 10-15 years. Some of the important waterproofing methods are listed below:
- Crystalline systems (Coating & Admixture types)
- Acrylic polymer coating systems
- Cementitious coating systems
- Liquid applied membranes (Synthetic Rubber)
- Polyurethane coating systems
- Bituminous coating & felt system
- APP / SBS Modified Bituminous membranes
- EPDM membrane system
- PVC Membranes system
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO / FPO) membrane systems
- Coating & membrane wrapping of underground pipelines
Repairs & Restoration
Apart from the waterproofing coatings, membrane installations and integrating waterproofing admixtures at the batching plant / site mixing stage, concrete and masonry structures require spot-based repair and restoration procedures for the protection and enhancement. Innova Roofings & Joinery can undertake following repair and restoration jobs with suitable materials.
- Pressure grouting with acrylic polymer modified slurry
- Pressure grouting with Epoxy / Polyurethane resins
- Nullification of rising dampness
- Repairs related to re-bar corrosion
- Re-surfacing of spalled concrete
- Cracks repairing in concrete and walls
- Water-repellent impregnation
- Concrete floor repairs & resurfacing
- Free-flow, cementitious grouting for machinery foundations
- Free-flow epoxy grouting for machinery foundations
- Façade & Floor joints sealing
- Expansion & Construction joints
- Leaking slabs & walls
Performance Floor Coatings
- Performance floor coatings are a long-time investment that can prolong the life of your domestic, commercial and industrial concrete or hard floors.
- The performance coatings have the potential to breathe new life to your spaces enhancing the floor’s performance and improving its aesthetic value.
- Concrete floors are hard, but not an indestructible element. Vehicle and foot traffic, abrasions, spills, impact from dropped items and unresolved moisture issues can damage the floors overtime.
- Concrete which is porous can absorb chemicals and staining substances such as oil and grease. Even if oil and grease are not present in certain working environments, an unfinished concrete shed its thickness constantly in to a fine layer of dust.
- Performance floor coatings creates a moisture-impervious, low-friction surface that can make clean-up and maintenance a breeze.
- Oil and contaminants stay on the surface where they can be cleaned on a daily basis without leaving permanent stains deep within the floor concrete.
- With the installation of performance floor coatings, technically most modern floor cleaning equipment’s and whole-floor flushes can be implemented without the risk of long-term damage.
- Having a great-looking work environment can improve workers morale and make good impression on business partners, associates, clients and investors.
- Beside simple aesthetics, performance floor coatings can be used to create colour coded floorings to designate work zones and clearly communicate safety information.
The performance floor coatings are generally laid over structurally sound concrete surfaces. Coatings may be directly applied over the concrete surfaces with suitable primer or built as a combination system of Epoxy modified screed or Polyurethane modified screed followed by Epoxy or Polyurethane based performance coatings.
- Epoxy floor coatings
- Epoxy-Polyurethane combination floor coatings
- Polyurethane floor coatings
Innova Roofings & Joinery looks forward to install performance floor coatings in the following sectors:
- Manufacturing, Assembly & Storage areas
- Workshops & Garages
- Clean rooms, Sanitary areas
- Canteens & Food courts
- Basements & Retaining walls
- Pharmaceutical & Food processing plants
- Hospitals & Healthcare Laboratories
- Bridges and Parking decks
- Ramps & Warehouses
- Freezers &Coolers in cold storages
- Shopping Malls & Restaurants
- Service Stations & Museums
- Sewage & Effluent treatment areas